Friday, February 24, 2012

Destination Friday: Sun-seeking

Today it has been windy, and a little wet.  To me this translates as time spent dreaming of peace and quiet, and a little sun time.  Usually beaches on secluded islands capture my imagination, but often I prefer to find seclusion in the woods.

Capturing my imagination, of locations in the sun.....


We used to live backing onto National Forest.  Wood pigeons, or Kereru, used to sing and fly around the back garden.  Walking up the back end of the section, and I really mean up.... this National Park was on a mountain range.... reality disappeared into the trees.  After climbing about 20 metres, to the top of our property, the land evened out onto a plateau.  Here I used to sit, watching the birds, listening to the sound of the river just over the road from our house.

So, where do you dream about when you think of seeking bliss in the sun?


No comments:

Post a Comment