Sunday, February 26, 2012

Frozen: The Best and the Worst

Skiing and I are not huge friends.  Okay, I like it in theory.... but the reality is the snow is waaaaay to fast under my feet.  I do however enjoy ice skating, and that has to be my winter activity of choice. 

So today, I thought I would share the best and worst of Mount Ruapehu.  The best and the worst of everything, on back to back days.  The first day was so hot we ended up skiing in tee shirts and sunbathing on the snow.  The following day was white out conditions, slopes being closed and heading home early.

The best of the frozen day?  Well, other than ankle blisters popping - turns out I was wearing ski boots that were a little too snug - having to buy a new scarf because I had lost mine in the snow somewhere, and generally dealing with a mountain full of people all stuck by the carpark, there were great times.  The hot chocolate was amazing, the people were wonderful, and we had plenty of time to create prank photos.

Coming down from Mount Ruapehu
The Ski Lesson.....
Notice all those horrid clouds in the background!  Shocking weather
The next morning.  We did not snowboard... but it looks like we did, right?
Toughing out the weather
Riding the ski lift.....
And posing for photographs.... :D

Don't ever believe that I am grown up and sensible!

No comments:

Post a Comment