Saturday, March 3, 2012

Destination Friday: Lazy Rainy Days

Today, it is raining.  So gosh darn raining that the largest outdoor annual market in the Southern Hemisphere was cancelled for the 1st time in 35 years.  Crazy!  I was expecting to be eating market foods, shopping for things I don't need and avoiding pan-flute bands.  Nevermind.
Seeking shelter from the storm, Suva, Fiji
Outside, trees have fallen, some have lost power, and water levels rise.  And did I mention it is cold?  On the 3rd day of Autumn!

Sitting by the fire at my parents house, stealing their internet, life is still okay.  I have my family, and while my plans didn't eventuate, serendipity entered again, and the day is turning out alright.

So, where do you like to go to escape the rain?  Or, just, where do you like to go?


No comments:

Post a Comment